Tom's Gravity Pages
[ HOME ]
[ INDEX ]
Old News and Tips
NOTE: This is OLD news. Many links may not work
- NEWS 08/12/2006
Gravity Brasil Update
The new URL is
Description - In Gravity Brasil, you can find a Gravity brazilian portuguese
version, FAQ and free technical support for Gravity's brazilian users.
You can also find a new version of Gravity ZX (go to English
Version). Gravity ZX is just Gravity 2.70b.2067 with better icons.
English Version Page
- 7/26/03 GravITy
An Italian Gravity version based on version 2.5.
I adopted GravITy (Former link),
it is archived here at Tom's Gravity Pages
- NEW LINK 08/09/02 Added a link for the online Dutch Manual by SatCP in the help section.
- NEW LINK 07/04/02 Added a link for Matthijs Laan's X-Face patch in the
third party software section.
- UPDATED PAGE 12/08/01 Updated the
Hamster Page to use Version 2 scripts. (The old page
is still available)
- NEW PAGE 10/30/01 Added a new SSL page about using SSL
to connect to secure servers like Netscape.
- TIP 6/23/01 How to stop the article from
scrolling back to the top when you try to click inside the article
pane. Go to Global Options - Preferences and enable "When opening an article, put
focus in the article pane." Thanks Sielfried.
- TIP 1/07/01 -
When you use %s in a rule for user input - you can use it as
as a regular expression. Simply check the regular expression box on
the rules condition tab.
- Added a registry edit to clear directory
entries from Image Gallery.
- Added a registry hack to increase the
retry interval beyond the 120 second maximum. Thanks James.
- News 8/14/00 - Version 2.3 was released ... a new
keyboard command to switch between the all articles and default filters.
Use CTRL + SHIFT + A.
- FAQ 1/06/01 - Added how to find an article by Message ID.
- TIP 9/17/00 - Replies to me - may not work if you do not allow
Gravity to generate the Message ID. Added to my FAQs.
- TIP 4/23/00 - Registry setting SubjMatch - controls how many characters Gravity compares when deciding if
two subjects belong in a thread together.
Click here ..
- TIP - How to tag an entire thread at once. Collapse the
thread and tag the first article. Many thanks to Seth Goodman for this great tip.
- 7/01/00 New Page - I finished the page about using Hamster to
read threaded e-mail with Gravity. The average user will have no use for
it but if you ever need it, or are simply curious ...
Here it is. (this link goes to the revised Hamster
Page for V2 scripts, the old page is still available)
- Fix - Are you using 2.3 and Windows 95 and you don't have a horizontal
scrollbars in the thread pane? Here is the fix.
It should also fix your tool tips in the group pane, if you aren't seeing them.
- 6/4/00 - Did a little revising to the Regular Expression Page.
Added an Important User Pointers list.
- TIP 3/05/00 Gravity has a Secret Boss Key !
This registry tweak will make Gravity invisible until you hit the secret keystrokes.
Image Gallery will also shut down. Click here.
- TIP 2/19/00 Decode Fix - A small registry tweak
to allow Gravity to decode an article with a subject containing
"of", eliminating the need for manual decode (NOTE: this fix is
NOT needed with ver 2.3 or 2.5). Go to the
- TIP 2/12/00 Undocumented Registry Setting for Download Performance -
Go to the Undocumented Page.
- TIP 1/22/00 Error in function GroupDB::Serialise2 - I added the simple fix to the FAQs. [...] If you want some tips about backing up look
on the TIPS page. (note: occurred mainly in ver 2.2;
happens infrequently in 2.3)
- TIP 12/15/99 How-To Force an Article to Display - If you have "lines > xx" set to decode or another action in 2.2 you may not be
able to view a large FAQ or other text article. The solution: Press CONTROL ENTER. Thanks to that Tony Edwards guy for this tip!
- TIP 12/11/99 How-To Grab the Bodies of a Whole Thread Quickly - Press "W", the articles should be retrieved, then press
it again to remove the thread from the watch list.
- TIP 10/05/99 - Read an interesting user's tip about a way to organize your groups. Thanks to
Tom (no, another Tom) for this one.
Back to HOME
Back to top of page
Tom Bates, Naples Florida